Sunday, January 2, 2011

The Year in Review

I began last year with a lot of goals for myself (you can read about those here and here).  I did not accomplish many of those goals because a lot of things happened that I could not have planned for.
So, let’s take a look at this last year:
  • I moved several times; starting in Nevada, spending 3 months in Colorado, 3 months in Georgia, and ending up back home.
  • My son graduated Kindergarten and started 1st Grade.
  • My husband transferred units and finished his 2nd MOS training.
  • My grandfather lost a short battle with Lymphoma, my hubby’s godfather (my son’s grandfather) lost his 17+ year battle with Prostate Cancer, my sister-in-law’s mother-in-law lost her short battle with stomach cancer…
  • We visited the Garden of the Gods, Georgia Aquarium, various places around San Francisco, Denver, Co. Springs, Augusta, Savannah, and Atlanta.  We saw the sunrise on the Atlantic Ocean and the sun set on the Rocky Mountains.  I saw one of the Great Lakes for the first time (even if it was foggy) and stood beneath California Redwoods.
  • I got my first tattoo (even if it was only my ring) and finally got my belly button pierced.
  • I was a bridesmaid for my friend Jenn’s wedding.
  • I went fossil hunting, carved my first pumpkin, and watched the first total lunar eclipse on the Winter Solstice since 1638.
This last year was pretty crazy, but so completely full.  I saw so many new things and learned so much from all of my experiences.  I can honestly say that last year brought a lot of change in me.  While many good changes have taken place, I also feel several negative effects from the last year… things I hope to correct in the year to come.


What will this year bring?  Instead of making a list of resolutions, I will just post my accomplishments as they occur.  This year has been something I hoped would come slowly and wishing would pass soon.  Here it is; I will do with it what I can.


Hold your loved ones close and cherish each moment you have together. Take care of yourself, don't let people take advantage of you and don't sell yourself short. Do one thing that scares you this year… and then tell me all about it.

1 comment:

Morningstar said...

I think you met the general "theme" of goals you had last year. Even with all of the changes and moving- you managed to really experience each place you lived. You also managed to stay in school and kick schools butt! Nice Job Nicky.
I am so glad that you were able to be in my wedding. It was great that your family was able to make it, even considering all of the changes!
I was impressed with your desire to dig deep and figure out some of your hidden secrets, memories and sleep patterns.