Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Life is Wonderful

And tonight I am... in Georgia!

We arrived around 5 pm Saturday and settled in for bed at 11 pm. I had two very long days in the car and I am so impressed with how well my son behaved the whole time! I am so impressed by him (and so glad for all the time I spent teaching him how to pretend and occupy himself!).

I get to live very meagerly for a while, but the family is together and it is amazing! I am so overwhelmingly happy to be living with my hubby again. Our son is equally happy (thought he's not quite sure about the permanence yet and clings to his dad every moment), but he is quick to test boundaries as often as possible. I keep explaining to him that the rules don't change just because we move.

The apartment is all put together, and, with some assistance from my sister and her MIL, I have a table, chairs, and cooking pots/pans. No microwave, but I am thinking that's for the best. The boxes are empty, and I've already cooked a full meal! I feel like a domestic goddess. Haha

I am not entirely certain how we're going to fill all of our time, but my son has a lot of books & flash cards so we can do more prep for 1st grade and there is a pool. My sister and her family live not too far off and I think we'll see a lot of her and the kids (esp for some pool time!). My son loves having his cousins close.

I have some thoughts about what I want to do when I get back "home" in October... and I'm mulling over some other creative ideas. I am excited to see what develops from my efforts.

Whew. I'm wiped now. Trying to get used to the time difference is going to take some time. Did my tired mind just make a pun?


"Live each season as it passes; breathe the air, drink the drink, taste the fruit, and resign yourself to the influences of each." - Thoreau

Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

No comments: