Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Resolution Project

My friend Jayme challenged me to a "resolution project."
Last night I wrote up my list of resolutions/goals: one for my physical benefit, one for my educational/artistic advancement, and one for my mental well-being. :)

#1; to be gluten-free every day (my health goal, I already started working on this one, I even made my own bread today!)
#2 to spend at least 2 hours a week exercising
#3; to spend at least 1/2 hour every day learning or creating something new (whether it's photography, an essay, knitting, researching ceoliac disease, cooking, etc)
#4; to spend at least 1/2 hour every day in meditation/reflection (starting by spending some time every day writing in my new journal)

#3 will probably be the easiest since I am starting school on the 25th--and I always love learning something new! It also ties into goal #1 since I need to spend a lot of time researching gluten-free foods and ceoliac disease.
 #4 will probably be my biggest challenge. Why oh why do I find it so hard to take only a half hour a day to relax and spend time with myself? (Away from the computer.) Then again, #2 might be the hardest since I have to go when someone is here to watch Little Monster. I guess I could wake up early 2 days a week... or I could go on one of Mr. B's night's off? I'll work on that one.

I actually got a head-start on my project.
Last night I spent a half hour writing in my journal; I wrote my goals/resolutions for the year and I wrote a little bit extra, just for me. I also spent some time writing at lunch.
This evening I baked my first loaf of gluten-free bread and am excited to eat it in my lunch tomorrow (Om nom nom nom). I've also spent some time researching gluten-free flour alternatives and locating stores that sell flour mixes.

Tomorrow is a new adventure, I wonder what I'll learn or create?

HDT quote for the day: "Let us grow to the full stature of our humbleness - ere we aspire to be greater."

3 comments:

Jayme said...

Those are some great ideas! You're going to have so much fun with school too. It will make it more interesting to incorporate school with this project as well - I plan to do that myself. I start on the 5th! EEK! We can do it, we got this!

Nikky said...

I was just wondering how I'm going to find time for everything: school, work, cooking, learning/creating, reflection time, exercising, and time with the boys. I'm going to have to make a time budget! Maybe I'll make Bob cook on my work-out nights?

Jayme said...

One day at a time! Remember, you don't have to do all of those things every day. Mix it up! A Time Budget is a great plan. I'm doing that with my iCal. I have a rough plot of what I want to tackle in the next couple of days and it will get more precise as time goes on and I get the hang of things. I think reflection/meditation is going to be a big one - if things get too crazy, just stop everything for 5 minutes and BREATHE! :)