Sunday, July 22, 2012

A little bit of heaven on earth…

I’ve had a great week plus.

Last weekend we made the trip back home for our good friend’s wedding. I’ve known him for 15 years now (yikes) and my husband was the best man in his wedding. He was the guy that introduced my husband & I to each other. It was nice to be a part of his special day. That weekend included very little sleep, swimming in the river while it was pouring rain, hot tubs, camp fires, air soft pistols, and some jello shots. Oh there was lots more, good people, good food, good music…

Upon returning home I received an AMAZING package courtesy of Blackberry (Research in Motion):

07-17-2012

Blackberry was running a promotion and asked their twitter followers what their #BoldMove was for the summer. I shared that I am working on joining the National Guard this summer and they responded by telling me they wanted to send me this amazing package. Mr. B kept telling me it was too good to be true, but it was indeed true!

Thursday marked 10 YEARS since I married Mr. B. Part of the package I received included a gift card that we used to pay for 2 night’s in a Spa Suite in Reno for our anniversary.

Last night we were sitting at the Chocolate Bar enjoying Chocolate Fondue for 2 (amazing) and we were talking about how different things are from what they were ten years ago and looking ahead speculating what things would be like ten years from now.

Ten years is a lot to contemplate. Ten years ago I was 19 he was 21, we working at a telemarketing company, we didn’t know what we wanted to do with our lives (career wise), we were excited about our new life together, no idea that we would be parents now, no idea that we would find ourselves here ten years later. We’ve been through a lot in the last ten years and I am excited to see what the next ten years will bring.

I won’t lie and say the last ten years have been easy. Marriage isn’t easy. Marriage is a lot of work. Marriage is a lot like life in that you have to take the good with the bad and make do. You shouldn’t just give up on your marriage because things get tough anymore than you should just give up on living when life gets tough. The best part about marriage is that you have someone there with you… I could go on and on about that, but that’s it for now. I’m going to go enjoy some Buffy the Vampire Slayer while my son plays Lego Batman and my husband gets ready for some D&D with his friends tonight (aren’t we exciting this Sunday afternoon).

I love my husband, I love my son… I love my life and my little bit of heaven on earth.

No comments: