Saturday, March 26, 2011

Day 76

The day is almost over.  I am so proud of myself.  I got a 100% on my 2nd Psychology exam.  I was fairly pleased with my score on the first exam, but I was able to do some additional review today (whereas last time I was pressed for time and did not review prior to the exam) and it helped significantly!

Little Monster was sent home from school yesterday with a fever.  He had complained about a sore throat the night before, but I was having an asthma attack and he tends to “copy” people whenever anything is wrong so I didn’t think anything of it.  He didn’t have a fever so I sent him to school…but it just over an hour later that the school called to tell me he had a fever over 100.  I took him straight from school to Urgent Care because the nurse said strep was going around, sure enough, Little Monster has strep throat.  He had a fever until midnight, he was so hot and miserable.  I bought him sprite and popsicles to help sooth his throat (he thought that was pretty special) and I also bought him some chicken noodle soup.  I also rented 2 movies for the weekend.  He loved being pampered. We changed into our pajamas and cuddled up to watch the movies.  Despite him being sick and me having to read homework, it was a pretty relaxing day.  Today he had no fever, but we hung out and cuddled while watching movies and TV.  He’s definitely feeling a lot better, but his throat is still sore.  He was disappointed that we won’t be able to make it to the Circus this year.  Even though he’s feeling better I still have to keep him at home until tomorrow so he doesn’t spread his germs all around.

Because of him being sick I didn’t get a lot of sleep.  So it’s late, and I’m sleepy.  I’m going to bed.

No comments: