Saturday, March 19, 2011

Day 69

I only have two more years in my twenties.  I don’t feel old exactly...at least not because of my age.  It’s funny, when I was growing up I remember thinking 30 was so far away, heck, 20 seemed so far away.  Now most of my friends are 30 or older and it’s a bit surreal.  I never thought 30 was old though…but…my dad will be 70 at the end of this month and I’m not sure what to do for his birthday.  I keep trying to think of what to do and I haven’t been able to come up with anything.  I want to do something with music.

For my birthday I made myself a fabulous breakfast and ate and watched TV in bed.  I stayed in bed until 1pm and then I finally decided I should shower and get ready for the rest of my day.  I wasn’t going to stay in bed so long, I had planned to do some weeding in the garden, but it was so incredibly windy.

That night I had the babysitter come over and I went out to dinner with some friends.  It was really great to see the girls.  We went to my favorite sushi place, but I was so disappointed by the service.  Mr. B & I have always had the best service, but we always went in the middle of the week when they weren’t very busy.  I was disappointed that they sucked so bad when I got all the girls to go with me (Murphy’s Law, right?).  Despite that, we had a really great time.

I wasn’t going to do anything for my birthday, but then I decided that I really needed to get out of the house so I wouldn’t be depressed about Mr. B not being here.  My friends were amazing!  And Mr. B was fabulous too…he had one of my friends pick up flowers and a necklace that he picked out for me; both the perfect shade of purple (the necklace is amethyst, which is my favorite).

Today we had an FRG (Family Readiness Group) potluck and it was a lot of fun.  I met some more of the great families of Mr. B’s unit…and Little Monster had so much fun that as we left he asked if we could go back tomorrow.  I had to explain that not all of the kids lived there (his response was “there’s one kid that lives there”).

Little Monster & I took a nap when we got home.  He was so very tired and emotional.  He was pretty sad all evening.  So we cuddled up and watched Mac & Me together…he loved it!  He was trying to whistle like Mac and at the beginning he was asking why they didn’t know he was there…couldn’t they hear his whistling?  My son is pretty practical.

Okay…I have another fun day ahead of me tomorrow so I am going to go now.  That, and Little Monster is still awake because he misses his daddy.

No comments: