Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Day 31

Today is a prime number day!  You can laugh at me for being nerdy, I am comfortable with my nerdiness.  I know yesterday was the first day I commented on the actual number…but I really love prime numbers.  I know that seems odd, especially if you know me and know that my favorite numbers are not prime numbers.  But I want to know…what is the largest prime number?  I searched online.  The largest prime number is 243112609-1.  Do you know what that means?  The number is 12,978,189 digits long.

Now that I’m done being nerdy.  Nothing went the way I planned today.  Little Monster was sick and stayed home from school.  So I canceled all my appointments for the day.  Is it bad to admit that I was relieved to cancel everything?  We didn’t get out of bed until 11-ish and then Little Monster wrapped up in his bed spread and spent the day laying on the floor in the sun watching cartoons and I worked on my homework.

We were able to Skype with Mr. B again tonight and he read “Just Me and My Dad” over video chat.  We love the video he sent, but Little Monster liked being able to talk to his dad when the book was finished.

Little Monster was feeling better at bedtime, but now my stomach is “bubbly” (as he says).  I’m going to lay back in my recliner and watch a movie…my writing assignment this week is to watch a movie and evaluate the stress of the main character.  So now I just have to decide what movie to watch.


*edit:  Here is a quote that my friend gave me today:

"There is a sacredness in tears. They are not the mark of weakness, but of power. They speak more eloquently than ten thousand tongues. They are the messengers of overwhelming grief, of deep contrition, and of unspeakable love." Washington Irving

1 comment:

Morningstar said...

Your writing assignment is bomb! I need to go back to school.

25 is my favorite number