Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Day 24

It was a day like any other day… so far this week I have been completely unproductive on my school work.  I did finish one assignment today, but I wanted to have it completed Monday.  I need to get a week ahead of schedule because I’m going on a mini-vacation soon and I don’t want to worry about school work while I’m gone.  So, I’m going to work at night, even though I hoped I wouldn’t need to.  But I’ll do what I need to do.

Today I was unproductive because I was struck by a migraine.  I should have known something was wrong when I went to bed at 10 and didn’t wake up until my alarm went off at 7:30.  I’ve been staying up until 11-12 and waking up at 6 every day.  I finally decided I’d break my “no caffeine” streak and made a tasty mocha.  I had some Land-O-Lakes Hazelnut hot chocolate that I made up and then mixed in a tiny bit of my Henry’s Blend Seattle’s Best coffee.  It was super tasty and my head felt a lot better afterwards.

My cell phone service was off for most of the morning.  I guess there were reported outages in my region.  I wasn’t too worried, it made it easier to nap with my headache since I didn’t have my phone notifying me of all the emails and texts as it would have otherwise been.

Today I found out that it looks like I still need one more class to graduate.  This is so disappointing.  It’s weird though, because one of the suggested classes is Public Speaking and I already took that class.  I need to schedule an appointment with an advisor to get this cleared up.  I shouldn’t need to take another Public Speaking class.

I made tacos for dinner tonight and Little Monster exclaimed “Mom, you’re the best chef ever!”  When I mentioned tacos he was so very excited, I imagine it has something to do with that instead of my cooking.  I put some cottage cheese in my own taco, it was super tasty.  My lunch was Clam Chowder in a Sourdough Bread bowl.  I feel like I haven’t had such a good lunch at home in a long time.  Grocery shopping sure helps me eat more healthy.

Little Monster and I bought some Strawberry cake mix and Strawberry frosting to make cupcakes for Valentine’s Day.  It bothers me that there are so few healthy Valentine snacks.  Strawberries are good, but if you make shortcake there is SO much sugar.  So I’ve decided I’m going to try to figure out healthy alternatives.

Tonight Little Monster got a hair cut.  This is the first time he’s held so still and been so fantastic when I was cutting his hair.  It took 10 minutes instead of 30.  I am so proud of him!

Well… Little Monster is watching The Power Puff Girls and I’m going to get some Psychology reading in while I am still cognitive…and that means I’ll get a little further on my knitting too.

I really need to get caught up on my course work so I can get caught up on some personal things.  But I’m still planning to keep this up.  It just means that I may not do a lot of photography or spend much time keeping up with everyone else.  Too much going on!

No comments: