Monday, January 31, 2011

You don’t have to agree with me…

I am glad that we can disagree.  How amazing that we are all given the freedom to think and believe differently.  The truth is, that each of us believes something completely different about the world because no two people have the same experiences.  We might agree on a topic, but it will probably be fore completely different reasons because of our different backgrounds.  And we may completely disagree for the same reasons.  I believe it is healthy to accept that not everyone is going to believe the same as me; but I also like to question why people believe one way and not the other.  I find it fun when both sides of an issue have completely valid points and they can accept the validity of each others’ arguments.

This is just a random post of me being thankful that we live in a country where we all have the freedom to express ourselves and our beliefs, and thankful that I have friends and family who still loves me even when we don’t agree.

I bring this up because my mom posted a link to a video that was an illustration of Obama’s budget plans (I’ll include the video).  We discussed how we’d like to see specific programs represented using that visualization (pennies on a table).  It is a very good visualization and the discussion did result in me outlining a lot of my political thoughts, which I’ve been meaning to do.  So, as I formulate further, I’ll post my thoughts on politics.  They are definitely not mainstream…and other military wives might be shocked at some of my outrageous ideas.  I love defining my political beliefs with my husband, he and I have had a lot of good dreamy conversations about what the perfect world would be like.

"Until there is peace between religions, there can be no peace in the world."— Thich Nhat Hanh

Click the link below to watch the video.

No comments: