Monday, January 31, 2011

Day 22

I kept myself busy today.  After taking Little Monster to school I came home; I ate breakfast and cleaned for about an hour and then started in on my homework.  I think I had been studying for about an hour when Mr B called because he needed some paperwork.  It took me several hours to hunt down the piece of paper he needed, I also took a short break for lunch, and then after I scanned it in and emailed it to him I only had an hour left before Little Monster got out of school.  So I returned to my textbook until it was time to get him from school.  Today I discovered that it was easy to keep focused on reading my textbook if I spent that time knitting… so I decided to do that and it accomplishes two things; I’ve been working on this current project for almost 7 years and I really need to get it done.  If you compare today’s photo from the one two days ago you can see it’s doubled in size.

I feel like my day didn’t go at all as planned.  I had wanted to get my chapter read so I could spend tomorrow on the next subject.  But now I’m behind on my reading… sometimes even the best of intentions are enough to battle unexpected circumstances.  I only have 2 pages left in my chapter.  They can wait for tomorrow.  Yoga class first thing, I am so excited! (time to drink more water)

Flickr is one of my favorite places to frequent online.  I finally started taking pictures again and it always makes me feel… alive.  I just joined this group called “Item Collaboration”  it’s only for the month of January, next month it will just be “Collaboration” and the idea is that there is an item or theme that you’re supposed to photograph each day.  Yesterday’s item was “Hands” and today’s item was “Shoes.”  I was excited about today’s item because I found my baby shoes while going through boxes.  I decided to take those little dress shoes and photograph them next to my grown-up dress shoes.  Originally I was going to photograph the baby shoes on the little sweater and then my grown-up shoes on my red chenille blanket, but the red blanket was too reflective…so I decided to place them on the mirror instead and I just love the way it turned out.

I am off to drink some water and watch one show while knitting before I head to bed.  I hope you all have a great week!

No comments: