Saturday, January 29, 2011

Day 20

I mailed off some packages to my hubby and I now realize I forgot some things that I wanted to send, I guess he’ll have to wait to get those items.  My son (Little Monster) told me I must not have any money left after going to the post office because the guy asked me for "All ze monies" to send a package.  Apparently Little Monster thought the cost to ship the packages were as expensive as I did.  I sent my hubby (Mr B) some rechargeable batteries (he can charge those using the solar charger we bought a couple years ago) and a new toothbrush that he can replace the brushes on (and use with the rechargeable batteries).  I also sent him some grape soda.  I knew he’d enjoy getting graped, and I know he will have a lot of fun passing them out and graping everyone else too.

I was feeling a little creative today so I decided to take a picture of my new necklace pendant… I took it in the mirror so I could get a photo of my tattoo as well (that was a LOT harder than I thought it would be).  I really the Tree of Life, the idea that everything is connected… it makes me feel closer to Mr B; knowing that even though he’s far away we’re still a part of each other.  Yeah, it’s sappy, don’t judge me.  I wish I would have done some maintenance on my hand before I took the photo, my nail beds and hands are all roughed up from moving and cleaning.

I have been working on my knitting a bit more today.  I’m still not very far, but part of that is because I realized I had made some mistakes earlier on and I had to pull out 12 rows of stitching.  I am thinking about just knitting 10-15 rows at a time and then connecting them all together at the end but I haven’t decided yet.  I’m including a picture of what I’ve accomplished so far.  Little Monster wanted me to teach him to knit, so I helped him knit a few stitches and then he decided it was too hard and that he was done for today.

Little Monster was pretty silly today.  He found his tiny binoculars and he used them to walk to the mail box down the street, I was trying to take advantage of the warmth before it gets cold again.  Supposedly it’s supposed to snow tonight, but I’m not holding my breath.

I think we’re going to play some Halo Reach and watch some movies tonight.  Spaghetti for dinner.  Yum.

100_2655

100_2644

01-29-2011 (2)

No comments: