Thursday, January 27, 2011

Day 18

What do stylish frogs wear?…. Jump suits.



My son’s progress report came today.  He is finally catching up in his reading skills.  He was behind for the first half of 1st grade and now he’s right at his grade level.  We’ve been working on reading every night and I make him read me a book before he’s allowed to play video games.  When he plays video games I also require that he reads the instructions on the screen instead of having me read it to him (though I do help him with the harder words).

He also got a ticket for a free ice-cream cone for doing good at school.  We ate dinner early and I took him to DQ to get his cone.  He walked up to the counter and asked for a Vanilla Cone and handed the woman his ticket.  She took the ticket and read it and then asked how he earned the ticket.  After he explained that he got Soar Tickets for reading she congratulated him on doing such a good job.  When his cone was ready the other woman working presented it to him and told him to keep up the good work.  He thought it was so neat to have everyone tell him what a great job he did (one of the other customers congratulated him on reading and earning a cone too).  He was very proud of himself…I’m pretty proud of him too.   He can tie his shoes very well now.  He just has to remember to pay attention to what he’s doing (especially when it’s time to wrap the loop).

We took a walk today.  It’s been so nice but I’ve had a lot for us to do in the evenings… tonight we took a walk before we started dinner and homework.  It was nice to get some fresh air.

Tonight he wanted to take a bubble bath with daddy’s soap because he wanted to smell like daddy.  He crawled up on my lap just before asking and cuddled with me a bit.  He wanted me to read his bedtime story while he soaked in the bubbles.  I’m perfectly okay with that… it’s a good way to pass the time in a bath (I wish someone could read to me!  I need to get a good audio player so that I can listen to audio books in the bath).

And now… I’m off to complete more homework.  I put most of it off today and I need to finish this psychology chapter quiz before Saturday (that means I have to finish reading the chapter).  I love school!

Before I go… what makes you happy?

"Sometimes your joy is the source of your smile, but sometimes your smile can be the source of your joy."
— Thich Nhat Hanh

No comments: