Saturday, January 22, 2011

Day 13

Today we just sat at home and were pretty lazy… mostly.  I got all the boxes that were in the kitchen emptied out.  Tomorrow I’ll bring in more boxes to the kitchen and keep sorting by “to keep” and “not to keep.”  The stuff to keep gets put away and the stuff not to keep goes in boxes to donate.  I am enjoying the slow pace un-packing.  I am planning to get rid of a LOT of things that we don’t need/want anymore.  But I’m only really going to do that with stuff that isn’t my husbands.  Some things will just stay in boxes until he gets home.  I’m not going to bring (or leave) anything in the house that is not going to be put away.  I don’t want clutter.  I want organization.  So I’m going to unpack one room at a time, one box at a time.  I think this will be the best method.  I’ve decided that the kitchen will come first since I’ll need those items to live with, but everything else can be gradual.  I need to move in our clothing and toiletries some time next week and go grocery shopping so we won’t just be having “sleep overs” any more.
While I was cleaning this morning, I decided that I need to schedule to clean the door jams, doors, baseboards, and blinds once a month.  So I put it into my blackberry calendar to remind me.
We’re staying at the house again tonight, but tonight Austin decided to be scared, even though he was perfectly fine yesterday.
I was thinking more and more about career options and what I want to do with my life.  There are so many possibilities, but whatever I choose has to meet certain requirements; I don’t want to be in school for more than 4 years, I want a career that isn’t too time consuming (I want to have time with my family), I want something that pays “decent” enough that I’d be comfortable with the limitations of my career field, and I would like to choose something that is in high enough demand that I could go straight from school into a job.  I think that last requirement might be the hardest to meet.  I thought about doing hospital/medical administration, becoming a medical imaging technician, or a pharmacist.  Who knows.  I’ll keep mulling it over, I still have time to figure out “what I want to be when I grow up.”




I’m probably going to post a lot of mushy music/videos over the next year.  But, whatever.  I love my husband and I am going to miss him a lot while he is away… and listening to music makes me feel better.
Now to bed…

No comments: