Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Today




Outside my window... there is a small tree with very fragrant pink flowers.

I am wearing... my favorite jeans.

I am thinking... that life is more full than I can even imagine... and that my neighbors (who are only home from midnight to 6 am) must be crazy.

I am thankful for... my family.

From the kitchen... egg burrito and chai tea.

I am creating... breakfast.

I am reading... my Humanities and Anthropology Textbooks.

From the learning rooms... I am but a small piece of the giant puzzle of human earthly existence.

I am hoping...  that I will face the challenges that lay ahead with poise and imagination.

I am hearing... nothing but the gentle hum of the computer and the tapping of my fingers on the keys.

I am going... to finish reading my homework so that I can have fun.

Around the house... is a mixture of chaos and organization, a compromise.

I am remembering... my grandfather, my god-father-in-law, my uncle... and others who have passed.

Quote to commit to memory...  "Listen. Do not have an opinion while you listen because frankly, your opinion doesn't hold much water outside of Your Universe. Just listen. Listen until their brain has been twisted like a dripping towel and what they have to say is all over the floor."  Hugh Elliott

A few plans for the week... 2nd dress fitting today (hopefully no more alterations!), homework, I hope to start some packing.

One of my favorite things... a good cup of coffee from Dutch Bros.

Photo for Thought... This is art from my brother, Ben, who has been mentally retarded since birth... he is completely dependent on others for personal care (hygiene, food, etc).  He is unable to communicate well, cannot read, and the right side of his body seizes whenever he is cold... and yet he creates beautiful artwork (this is done with colored pencils).




For more entries visit the Simple Woman's Daybook!

No comments: