Wednesday, August 4, 2010

The Tooth Fairy

Last night my son lost his first tooth. Monday he'll start 1st grade. My little boy is growing up!

His loose tooth caused some interesting discussions at home this last week. My husband and I were discussing how the tooth fairy is kind of creepy. Why sneak around in the dark to "buy" children's lost teeth? What does the tooth fairy do with the teeth?

My son had an explanation: the tooth fairies use teeth to build their houses. That seems even more creepy, but he was happy with the explanation. He also made note that the tooth fairy doesn't pay for teeth with cavities because they can't be used for building.

What a creative mind he has! Some of the things he comes up with just blow me away.


"Live each season as it passes; breathe the air, drink the drink, taste the fruit, and resign yourself to the influences of each." - Thoreau

Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

No comments: