Wednesday, June 13, 2012

When I should be sleeping…

I feel like I need one of these for my thoughts:

 

I mostly need this at bedtime. I am pretty good about not stressing about things I cannot control when I am awake, but as soon as I get tired I get over emotional and have anxiety attacks about all the crazy “unknowns” in my life.

Today I kept myself incredibly busy and got quite a bit done. I still have so much to do.

 

Since school is out Little Mister and I have had more time at home together, but I have kept busy with projects that I need to get completed, tomorrow I am happy that the day will be all about him. Tomorrow is his 8th Birthday party. I still cannot believe that he will be 8 on Saturday. His party is going to be pretty simple: pizza and fruit followed by a squirt gun water fight and cupcakes. Nothing fancy, nothing too complicated. Just time for him to have fun with his friends… and we’ll send a squirt gun home with each of them.

He is now tall enough that his head reaches the lowest point of my shoulders. Before I know it he will be taller than I am. My husband and I have been giving him extra responsibilities and privileges this week, he seems to be pretty excited by that. Sometimes it’s easy to forget how old he is. I love his creative mind. He is so sweet, kind, thoughtful, and curious. I love his curiosity.

Have I mentioned how great it is to have Mr. B at home this year?
Friday will mark 5 months since he came home. I’ve read everywhere about how homecomings and reunions are difficult, but despite all the difficulties we have it sure beats him being on the other side of the world.

I found this and it sure sounded like a good song for all the military couples out there…and for any couple really. If I’ve learned one thing in the last 10 years it’s that you have to start relationships with the understanding that no matter what happens you’ll get through it together.

No comments: