Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Transition

…right now I am waiting. Waiting for the next phase in my life to begin. The semester ended and I made decent grades (yes, I am an overachiever but I also understand that considering all the pressures I felt this semester I did well) and now the waiting begins.

Waiting doesn’t mean sitting and doing nothing. I am going to take this time for relaxation and self-care. Upon finishing this post I am going to do some core, arm, and leg work-outs and tomorrow morning I will begin running with my friend. We hope to make our runs a regular occurrence and I plan to make my work-outs a twice daily event. The physical side of things is the easier of the two, I am finding it difficult to relax mentally.

I also need to get busy packing. Part of all of the change occurring this summer includes a move to a nearby city with a better school system and more employment opportunities for Mr. B. He has only been able to find temporary work since he came home, we live week to week not really knowing if he will be working the following week. This is another reason I need to take some time for self-care. Between school and uncertainty about how we are going to pay the bills I have experienced a lot of stress lately, enough that I find it difficult to talk to some of my closest friends. The hermit in me wants to suffer all the stress alone. So I put on a brave face and keep moving forward. I will be positive not because I feel positive, but because being positive makes me feel positive and that makes me feel better.

Everything will be okay. It always is.

No comments: