Friday, August 12, 2011

Day 215

“Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards.” –Vernon Sanders Law
Many of us are learning this lesson right now. I just want you to know you’re not alone.  We have all made mistakes.  Not one of us is perfect.  Sometimes it’s hard to look past mistakes and move forward, especially when those mistakes have such a great impact on ourselves or on the lives of those around us.

I will admit that I have done things I’m not proud of, but I have no regrets.  My mistakes have all taught me something different and all have furthered my belief that we should not judge one another.  It’s easy to point the finger when you see someone else do something that seems “wrong”…it’s easy to see a situation and assign blame…what’s hard is to admit that you’ve made a mistake, pick yourself up, mend fences/build bridges, and move forward. 

I am still learning to forgive others, so I understand if other's aren’t quick to forgive me.  I’m learning that I can’t assume to know another person’s motives.  My goal is to not judge others based on their past mistakes, I know people can change.  If I can learn from my mistakes, I know others can learn from theirs, so I need to be more understanding and forgiving.
“You gain strength, courage and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, 'I have lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along.' You must do the thing you think you cannot do.” –Eleanor Roosevelt

No comments: