Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Day 136

"Hope is important because it can make the present moment less difficult to bear. If we believe that tomorrow will be better, we can bear a hardship today."
— Thich Nhat Hanh

This is something I’ve been thinking about the last few days and then I ran across that quote this evening and it just seemed to fit. I need to believe that the future will be better because of the difficulties of the present. Historically, I can see this to be true in my own life. For every hard time I’ve gone through I’ve learned a valuable (and unforgettable) lesson. I will not let this be any different.

I could go on and on about why I was depressed and why I’ve had such a problem pulling of it, but that wouldn’t help anyone, least of all me. So thank you to those who’ve stuck by me, thank you to those who’ve been so encouraging, and a special thank you to those who’ve gone the extra mile and made me peek out of my shell. Your friendship is invaluable.

The first change I am going to make is to be better about sleeping. With that, I am going to go to bed now. This will be an hour earlier than any other time this week, so it’s progress.

No comments: