Monday, April 18, 2011

Day 99

I’m trying to start getting things ready for Father’s Day. I know, I know, it’s only the end of April…but if I don’t start now I won’t get anything done!

Today I was thinking that despite how old I feel, 28 is still pretty young. I was thinking a lot of thoughts that I should probably not have been thinking. But I’m the type of person that likes to be prepared for anything, so I always try to make an action plan for any given situation. This is probably the reason why I don’t get as much accomplished as I would like to.

Little Monster was in such a crazy mood today. When I picked him up from school he was SO moody. But I had to make a stop and buy a couple things before we went home. By the time we got home he was having a really hard time, so I fixed an early dinner. As soon as he started eating he perked up. I think today must have been one of those days that he spent more time talking and playing than eating his lunch. I made him a “double” cheeseburger with BBQ sauce. When he took a bit he told me how amazing it was and how he never wanted to go to McDonalds again, but to go home for a double cheeseburger just like this one. With every bite he took he said something new about how it was the best burger he’s ever had. I think he was definitely hungry because I didn’t do anything special when I made the burgers today. It did make me feel good that he likes the way I make them.

I am going to introduce him to BLTs tomorrow. What kind of a mother am I that I haven’t introduced him before now? I’m going to try and cook the bacon on my little George Forman grill and see if that works. I HATE cooking bacon.

Well…I need to get busy on my homework, it’s not going to do itself.

No comments: