Sunday, February 27, 2011

Day 49 - 7 Weeks

Today was a fun but difficult day.  Little Monster & I went to lunch with a friend and had a lot of fun.  Sushi was delicious and the company was great.  Afterwards I was going to go home and enjoy my sushi-coma, but instead Little Monster & I took a trip to the fabric store.  I needed some more yarn for the blanket I’m working on and he wanted me to buy fabric so we could make his daddy a quilt.  I thought that was perfectly sweet of him.  But he was being silly and wanted to put together a bunch of obviously girly fabrics (he giggled at every suggestion of the kind).  Instead we ended up with some very bright fabrics that we felt represented Mr. B.  I am excited to get to work on the project.  Little Monster said he wants to be the one to put it in the box to ship.  He also colored a lot of pictures tonight to send and I thought it might be fun to have one made into a puzzle for him to send off, he loved that idea and made one just for a puzzle.

I was disappointed to discover that the color of yarn I started the blanket with is no longer available…so I have to do it half and half.  That lovely teal color and white.  I’m a little disappointed, but I think I may make it extra long and add a third color just to balance it out.  I haven’t decided yet (but if I do that I’m taking out some rows of the teal).  I need to measure it out and see how big it will end up if I don’t pull any rows.  I thought I’d be able to get the same color, but that hasn’t worked out.  Maybe I’ll just put the white on either end and have the teal in the middle?  That could work.  I actually like that idea  now that I’m thinking of it.

The difficult part of the day was in how much I miss Mr. B today.  It’s hard dealing with the fact that he’s really going to be gone for a long time and it’s just me & Little Monster.  I am so thankful for my friends and family that support me.  I don’t know what I would do without them.

On our vacation last week I saw my sister…she tried to convince me to move up with her.  I am so tempted to do that, but I am afraid it wouldn’t work out.  A lot of my “plans” to live with other people have failed miserably and I really do want my own space…but it would be so nice to be close to her and her family.  The year I met Mr. B I was preparing to move and live with them, but then I married Mr. B and all my plans changed.  I think the biggest obstacle to me moving there would be the lack of personal space.  I’ve had a severe lack of personal space for the last year…I know Mr. B has too and that he’ll continue to have to deal with limited personal space while he’s gone this year, so I’m wondering how much of an issue that really is.  I wish he was here to help me talk through this.  I am in a good place right now, would I be in a better place there?  Little Monster is comfortable with his school and he’s finally making friends, but when we visited he said he’d change schools to live there and has even mentioned it several times since we got home.  I just wish there were easy answers.  These thoughts can wait for another day.  I am going to go to sleep now so that I can work on my course work tomorrow.

One last thing…

whatwouldjesusnotdo

No comments: