Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Day 45

A lot has happened in the last 12 days.  Little Monster & I took a long trek cross country for a mini-vacation (we were gone for 7 days, but 3 of those were in the car…is it still considered a “mini” vacation?).  Last Monday we left the city about 5 am and arrived at a Seattle hotel around 8:30 Monday night.  About 1:30 am I heard a knock on the door and I immediately jumped out of bed, looked through the key hole before opening the door to Mr. B & DB (DB’s girlfriend Melvin drove with me).  After 36 days it was sure good to feel Mr. B’s arms around me and give him a great big kiss while he held me tight.  Little Monster was sleeping.  We set up a space for the three of us on the floor (since it was actually DB and Melvin’s room) and it was the sweetest thing to here Little Monster first thing in the morning “Daddy!”  After we got our morning cuddles in we had to explain that daddy wasn’t ours for good yet, just for a few days to spend with us before he’s gone a long time.

I’m not going to go into specifics of everything we did on our trip…but we did do and see a lot.  Little Monster got to take his first ferry ride on the Puget Sound (at night, it was amazing!), we got to spend some time with some of Mr. B’s family, a good friend, and spent a few days with my sister and her family.  We had a nice (mostly) relaxing time together.

It was hard to say goodbye when the time came.  Little Monster stayed with my sister because he didn’t want to go drop his daddy off.  I can understand not wanting a goodbye to be long and drawn out.  When I hugged Mr. B goodbye I didn’t want to let go.  When I dropped him off for his deployment originally it wasn’t so bad…I guess it feels more real now.  I didn’t cry.  I couldn’t cry.  Tears wouldn’t come even if I wanted them to.  But I didn’t want to let go.

The drive home was long.  I am sick (my sister warned me she was sick, but I really wanted to spend time with her and I’m glad I did even if it meant I got sick) and I think being sick make the drive home all that much worse.  I just wanted to be home and in bed right then and there.  I had to stop several times to take a nap so that I wouldn’t drive off the road.  But…we made it home, in one piece.

Little Monster is in much better spirits this week.  He got to spend some good time with his dad. 

I have been recovering from the trip and from my illness since getting back home…it is SO nice to sleep in my own bed again.

*edit: I forgot pictures.  Unfortunately I did not get any pictures of the three of us together, or of Mr. B & I, but I’m okay with that.  It was nice just to see him.


02-16-2011 (44)

A giant game of chess for Little Monster and Mr. B—they played a whole game and Little Monster did pretty well.


02-16-2011 (53)

Little Monster & his cousin at the Space Needle.  He didn’t want to take a picture without his cousin.

No comments: