Friday, January 14, 2011

Day 5

This morning started out with my son saying “Mom, I’m obnauseous.”  I think he meant to say nauseous but mixed it with obnoxious.  “What do you mean?”  “I feel like I’m going to throw up.”  Nauseous it was.  I could tell he didn’t really feel sick so I told him he still had to go to school but that the nurse would call me if he did throw up.

While he was at school I looked up rentals.  I think I may have found a place to live.  3 bedrooms for $800/month.  I’m going to go look at the place tomorrow… the place has a 2 car garage too so I could park the trailer and one of the cars inside.  The only downside is that it doesn’t have a fridge, so I’m going to go Craigslist shopping for a fridge if I get the place.  I’m excited.

I also bought some pants for my son today.  He’s gotten so big over the last year.  It’s still hard to grasp that he’ll be 7 this summer.  Time goes by so quickly.  I have to keep reminding myself that.

When he got home from school we went birthday present shopping for a boy in his class; tomorrow is the birthday party and he said he’s excited to go.  We watched The Lightening Thief because he’s been asking to watch it and I figured we could stay up a little late since it’s Friday.  We ended up watching it early and then we watched Tim Burton’s Alice in Wonderland… we finished at his normal bedtime and he was SO tired that he did not stay up late.  He didn’t notice though because he was tired.

We’re working on listening, not whining, and saying “please” and “thank you.”  He seems to forget those things every time dad leaves.  He’ll also try the “you didn’t give me a choice” argument… and I explain to him that he doesn’t get a choice about everything.  Some things just are but I will let him choose whenever he can choose.  He seemed to like that answer.  I really don’t know what to do about him sucking and chewing his hands and clothes, or chewing and picking at his lips.  This started when Doc died and got much worse when we moved back home.  I am hoping that the transition into having our own place again will help him feel more secure and settled.  He gets very confused about authority roles when his dad is gone.

I am now going to watch an episode or two of The Pretender.  I haven’t seen any of this show since it originally aired and I remember liking it then.  A lot of my tastes are different now so I guess we’ll see if it is any good years later.

No comments: