Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Day 10

Would you laugh if I told you I forgot what day I was on?  Well, laugh if you want to.
Tonight we were able to Skype chat with my hubby just before bed.  It was an extra special treat for my son, because he got to watch his daddy while I read his bedtime story and my hubby would make comments about what we were reading.  We read “The Very Hungry Caterpillar.”

I talked with my grandmother on the phone the other day, she was asking how we were doing and told me just to keep as busy as I could.  My grandfather was in the Navy and he had six sea tours before finally becoming a recruiter; the family joke is that there is one daughter for each tour.  My grandmother is an amazing woman, she managed herself and the family through six deployments.  And the deployments then weren’t like they are now.  There’s no occasional phone calls, no cell phones so that she wouldn’t miss if he was able to call, no Skype chat, or email… it was so much harder!  I figure if she could make it through all of those deployments I can definitely make it through this one year, with only one child… and especially when I have email, texting, Skype, and occasional phone calls.  So, while I’m sad that he will be away for a year I am so incredibly proud of him and thankful that I do have a lot of avenues for communication.  I’ve told him is that any communication more frequent than once every other week is bonus.  I can’t expect any more than that…

Today I got the power, water, and internet turned on at the house… but I have to wait until Friday to have the gas turned on.  I feel somewhat torn.  I’ve felt so at home here with my friends that it will be hard not having people around anymore.  They told me to come over whenever I feel lonely… and it’s nice they’ll only be a few minutes away.  I feel like rushing to move out at some moments, just because I’m excited we have our own place again… but then other times I feel like I’m dragging my feet because I’ve enjoyed their company.  But my son wants to be staying at the new place RIGHT NOW.  So we’ll probably start sleeping there on Friday, once the gas is turned on.

School starts Monday.  I have one of my books in hand and one in the mail.  It should be here any day now.  I am most excited for my Yoga class!  It’s once a week, but I am planning to do some Yoga at home at least 2 other days during the week as well.  It should be fun.

I started some contract work today and will be continuing to work throughout the rest of the week.  I am only working at the house after my son gets out of school now.  I need to make sure I get plenty of rest since I’m staying up late to work.  Now that the hard things at the house are completed I can just take my time.  My next project is to get the kitchen together so we can stay there after the gas is on.  That will be just a little at a time though.  Maybe we’ll work on that on Sunday.  Once I am ready to stay over there I’ll bring the tv, I don’t want to leave it in the house while I’m not there.  I need to figure out how to make the house look lived in… and I need to replace the back porch light (it was working last night and now it’s burnt out).

I need to find a flashlight.

No comments: