Sunday, November 7, 2010

Good news/Bad news

Today I am thankful for my Neti Pot. I would most likely still be in bed without it. This last week included getting the flu and a nasty sinus/head cold. How did I get so lucky? But this week also included my hubby buying me some lotion tissues and bringing the box to me all opened up and ready to use (at 2am I might add) and some good family cuddles. While being sick isn't the greatest, being loved is. And so is my stainless steel NettiPot. My NP always reminds me of my oldest sister, she was the one that bought it for me and it's one of the best and most useful gifts I've ever received. When you think about buying someone a gift snot doesn't usually come to mind, but I love practical things. What is the most practical gift you've ever received?

I'm going to be working seasonally at a warehouse to make some extra $, and the job wasn't supposed to start until next week, but now it starts this week. I am excited that I get a whole extra week of work, but I hope I can kick this cold before my first day of work. And now I have to cancel my lunch date for Thursday. So sad.

"Live each season as it passes; breathe the air, drink the drink, taste the fruit, and resign yourself to the influences of each." - Thoreau

Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

No comments: