Friday, October 22, 2010

Choices

"You are what you are because of the conscious and subconscious choices you have made." -Barbara Hall

"Honor isn't about making the right choices. It's about dealing with the consequences." -Midori Koto
 
"As human beings, we are endowed with freedom of choice, and we cannot shuffle off our responsibility upon the shoulders of God or nature. We must shoulder it ourselves. It is up to us." -A. J. Toynbee


Choices are a funny thing.  How do you choose one path over another?  What makes one option the 'right' choice and another the 'wrong' choice... even if you follow the 'wrong' choice, won't you eventually end up at the 'right' choice anyway?  If there is a specific window of time I suppose the 'right' choice may be a limited option... but what if time is unlimited (within a lifespan I mean)?  I know, I'm a bit of a stoic today.  Choice has been a big topic for me over the last few months as I still have a lot of big decisions to make.  No matter what my options or what I choose, I am the one that has to live through the consequences of my choice.  Trying to not make a choice does not good... not choosing is still making a choice.


"Every person has free choice. Free to obey or disobey the Natural Laws. Your choice determines the consequences. Nobody ever did, or ever will, escape the consequences of his choices." -Alfred A. Montapert

No comments: