Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Re: Morningstar's Blog "About Me"

Morningstar posed a fantastic question: "How does one write a 'about me'?"

I always get stuck with that as well. What do you say?
You try to make yourself sound interesting (at least, interesting enough to read) and try to leave out all your bad qualities--remember the proverb "don't cry stinking fish"?



(click to view larger, or... you can look at the whole book here)

So, following Jenn's formula, here is a list of words/phrases that I feel best describes me.

Quiet. Not-quite-young-but-not-quite-old. Slender. Big eyes. Big smile. Awkward. Surprising. Random. Flexible. Emotional. Obsessive. Anxious. Busy. P.M. (Perpetual Motion). Quick. Bright. Patient. Soft spoken. Recoils from criticism, even constructive criticism, but willing to learn. Over achiever (but I only compete against myself). Determined. Compassionate. Attentive. Wife. Mother. Sister. Daughter. Funny. Retrained. Loves art & nature. Happy? Loves music & books. Withdrawn/alienated, but desires to feel connected. Loves words. Loves learning. Loves new things. Apprehensive.

How would you describe me?

1 comment:

Eva said...

I hate writing 'about me' blurbs. They make me want to rip out my hair.

It was interesting reading yours... I would rather they all be like this, a jumble of words. It is more to the point!