Thursday, September 6, 2012

Love

When I think of “forever love” I think of my grandparents.

01-11-2010 Rett's (32)

This photo was taken the last night that my grandfather was conscious before he passed. That night he went to sleep and never woke.

But what a wonderful evening it was! It was their 65th wedding anniversary. All 6 of their daughters, a handful of their 17 grandchildren, and several friends came to the hospital to celebrate.

 

I think of this day often. I think of my grandfather and how much he is missed. I think of everything my grandparents taught me and of the many memories I made with them. I think of their matching Hawaiian shirts. And I smile.

I smile because I realize how fortunate I am to have witnessed such a great love. And I am happy because I have my own “forever love” and I can’t wait to grow old with him.

01-15-2012 (67)

No comments: