Saturday, April 28, 2012

Looking ahead…

"Before you begin a thing, remind yourself that difficulties and delays quite impossible to foresee are ahead. If you could see them clearly, naturally you could do a great deal to get rid of them but you can't. You can only see one thing clearly and that is your goal. Form a mental vision of that and cling to it through thick and thin." - Kathleen Norris

I posted this on Facebook today.

I’ve been thinking a lot about my plans and goals for the future. My long-term plans stretch out about 10 years when I finish my doctorate and can start doing research. I know my long term goal and I have a map of steps in between. Right now, I just need to focus on finishing up the semester with decent grades.

After the next few weeks are over and I’ve finished my finals I’ll share the next action in my plan. 

Have you mapped out your goals? Do you know what steps you need to take to get there? Are you making progress?

I know that there will probably be some bumps in the road, some delays in reaching my goal, but I don’t want to let go of that goal, of my dream. When things get tough I need to remind myself why I am doing what I’m doing and what I want to get out of it in the long run.

Have you lost sight of your goals? Do you remember what you are working towards?

No comments: