Saturday, January 14, 2012

Random rant before bed…

I hate it when people say something like “you should eat something, you’re so skinny!” I don’t go around telling people “you probably shouldn’t eat anything, you’re so fat!”

I struggle with my weight, it may be different than you, but I work really hard to keep my weight up. I have to watch my calories, my carbs, my protein, etc. just like someone losing weight. I don’t make snap judgments or un-thoughtful comments about your weight or eating habits.

Think about that.

2 comments:

Jayme said...

LoL I hear this too, but mostly it's, "Do you play basketball?" I want so much to respond, "Do you EAT professionally?" Just people's insecurities. I'm thankful to finally enjoy me for me, despite other's remarks. :)

Unknown said...

I've been on both ends of the weight spectrum, and on either side of it there's always someone making a stupid, inane comment. Although, I do have to admit I've never felt insulted when someone said I should eat a cheeseburger or that I was "skinny". I laughed out loud when you wrote that you don't tell them they probably shouldn't be eating... I dare you to say it the next time someone makes a comment to you ;)~