Friday, December 17, 2010

Christmas is coming! Christmas is coming!

My son made me and my husband a Christmas card at school.  It says: 


"Dear Family,
thace you for maciing me.  I like playing lego Batman with you.  I love you.
merry christmas.

Luv
(name)"


maciing = making.  "Thank you for making me."  How sweet is that?  I told him that his daddy and I are very glad we "made" him too.

This is the first letter he's written and I am going to try my best to keep it forever.

My son is SO excited for Christmas.  He really really wants a black Nintendo DS, but that is definitely going to have to wait.  I did get him a pillow pal, he's been asking for one for the last month.  It's something I know he'll use.  I also got him some building plates for his legos and I am going to glue them all together to a piece of plywood so that he has a sturdy building surface.  We also want to get him a soccer ball and pads set, and I keep forgetting to get that!

I must admit that I am excited for Christmas as well.  It's the first time in at least 12 years that I've been excited for Christmas.  It helps that my hubby is coming home for the holiday.  How exciting is that?  After three weeks, it'll be good to be together, even if it is only for a little bit.  I think that is what my son is most excited about as well.  He keeps asking "how many days until Christmas?"  because I haven't told him exactly what day his dad is coming home.

Today was his last day of school before the winter break... we'll be hanging out for the next couple of weeks.  I am excited, and he is SO excited because it finally snowed today!  I am definitely going to send him out to play in the snow tomorrow.  Maybe I'll join him... he wants to make a snowman, but I just don't think that's possible with this snow.  We'll see.  If nothing else I'm sure we'll have a snowball fight.

And so, in the words of Dr Seuss, "Today was good. Today was fun. Tomorrow is another one."

1 comment:

Jayme said...

If you frame the letter, it will be easier to keep forever. :D