Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Life is knowing when to be spontaneous...

Yesterday's plans were totally rearranged and I can't say I'm disappointed by the results.  I picked up my son from school and then picked up my husband from the house and we drove into town.  Our son thought that we were just going to have dinner with his daddy and then leave him because he had to leave early this morning... but he had no idea that we had decided to get a hotel room so we could all spend one last night together.  On the way into town he actually requested that we stay at a hotel so he could spend the night with his daddy.  He was so pleased when we drove up to the hotel and actually got a room.  We planned to take him to the movies, buy him some popcorn and ice cream... but he just wanted to take his dad to the arcade and play.  It was such a relaxed evening and it was perfect.  We got a room with a King sized bed just so our son could sleep in between us on his daddy's last night.  I thought waking up before the sun would cause him to have a hard day today, but I brought him home and had him sleep in my bed until last minute to get ready and go to school... he was the happiest I've seen him in a while.  When he got home from school he said he had a great day and kept talking about how last night with his daddy was the best he's ever had.  My husband & I are also glad we spent the last night together... when it's going to be so long in between seeing each other every minute counts.  It was nice not to be alone last night.  As far as "lasts" go... I think that was the best one yet.

Thank you Love for making such a wonderful suggestion.  Thank you for your love and commitment and sacrifice.  We love you and we'll see you soon.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

awww. So happy that you guys had a good last night.
Made tears come to my eyes. Jenn

Kerilyn said...

What a great idea! It's nice to hear that you all had a great "last" day - I'm sure that'll be a good memory to hang onto until next time :)