Wednesday, December 16, 2009

This place is a dirty city once the snow starts to clear. The dirt replaces all the snow. On the sides of the road we have piles of dirty snow.

I got a new journal the other day. It's green and cream with a pretty little colorful design on the front and a quote by Henry David Thoreau. I find his thoughts fascinating and could spend all day (or night, as the case may be) reading his journal entries. I was very delighted to have stumbled upon such a great journal. I am going to bring it to work so I can jot down thoughts for my blog... and extra ones just for me.

Last night I got locked out of my apartment. I put the house keys in Little Monster's coat for the babysitter and he left his coat at school. When I got home and realized I had no way to get in I called the apartment (this was at 6:30) and was told that they had no after hour lock-in service available. The manager (who lives on site) and on-site maintenance man said that I would have to wait until morning or call a locksmith myself. I was furious, so I drove 45 minutes to Mr B's work to get his key. When I got there I had to wait 45 minutes just to get the key from him. The gal in the office gave one of the two coaches the message, he apparently looked at his list, didn't see Mr. B's name, and said that he wasn't there instead of checking with the other coach and then proceeded to completely forget about the call. They even called a second time and he gave no response. I had been sitting there for a half hour when finally someone walking by commented on me having been waiting for a while, I explained to her my situation and she immediately pulled out her phone and called to have Mr. B sent down to me. Within 5 minutes Mr. B was there with his key. Turns out she called the shift supervisor, not just the coach, who ran to where Mr. B was working and took over for him so he could come and give me the key. The lady that helped me out was one of the main HR personnel. Mr. B said that the coach who screwed up got in trouble and the shift supervisor checked with him a couple hours later to make sure everything was okay. It was frustrating, but I'm glad that I talked to the woman I did (the second time) or I could have been waiting there all night. And I'm glad that the coach who brushed it off got in trouble too.

I think I'm going to write a letter to the corporate company that owns the complex. It's ridiculous that they wouldn't help me in at 6:30pm. They're supposed to be open until 7pm and at least one of the gals that works in the office lives on-site and there is an on-site maintenance person that could have helped as well. There should have been no reason for them not to help me. Add to that that it is winter and I have a 5 year old son. It's not the first of my complaints either. It took them until today to come and look at the window in the master bedroom. I told them about the problem when I moved in and again last Monday when the snow came and there was frost all around the window. When I called Monday they said "oh, the work order must have gotten lost in the shuffle. We had to hire a bunch of people for snow removal." That's not my problem! And the bug problem I had this summer that they insisted was my responsibility. It wasn't until I went to them repeatedly and finally complained of roaches (which they denied being possible) that they did anything. They also took a $25 check from me to have Mr. B's name put on the lease and NEVER called to tell us they were ready for him to come and sign papers. I just want to be done with this place.

Well... that's it for today. Not what I was originally going to blog about, but it came to me and I had to get it out.

Have a great week everyone!

No comments: