Monday, March 14, 2011

Day 63

My weekend was very up and down emotionally.  Friday night I got some baddish news that made me pretty much a wreck…but then yesterday was pretty great.  Little Monster & I got out of the house with a friend and then came home to cuddle and watch cartoons together.  Last night Mr. B called and we were on the phone for over an hour talking about the future.  Those conversations are always my favorite and I am so glad that we were able to talk so long.  Our phone conversations are usually quick “I Love You” and “Goodnight.”  Maybe 5 minutes tops.  So it was a treat.

Today Little Monster and I were up early, I did end up sleeping a bit in the living room after we got up…we ate breakfast together and then watched some more cartoons.  Then we met some friends for lunch, they came back home with us and we had a good visit.  We were planning to spend some time outside, but it ended up being very cloudy and a bit chilly when it was supposed to be such a nice day.  The weather cleared up after they left, so Little Monster & I took a walk through the neighborhood…but we took a special walk.  I told him to bring his skateboard so he could practice and he had so much fun.  It took us an hour to go a mile, but that was because Little Monster was practicing staying on the board.  I am planning to get us some bikes for his birthday this summer so we can take rides together and then ride back and forth to school at the beginning of next school year.  Until we get bikes I’m going to try and take regular skateboard walks with him.  I really am working on getting back into the exercising routine.

Tonight I watched a sappy chick flick…I know it’s not such a great idea right now.  I was proud of myself for not crying (I tell you, I am an emotional basket case when I watch movies).  But it did make me think about how much I absolutely love my husband…not like I don’t already think about that all the time.  Mr. B is my one and only someone. And if I continue writing I will use up every cliché in the book.  Needless to say, he is my other half and neither half better than the other because we’re better together.

Here are some photos from Little Monster’s and my excursion:

03-13-2011 (1)03-13-2011 (2)

No comments: